Updated: May 23
This is a quick and easy recipe that I love to share with people. It's loaded with flavor and delicious nutrients! I have no issue eating the whole thing in one sitting and I never feel over-stuffed or gross after.
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1 ½ Tbsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 bunch kale
1 can chickpeas
¼ cup vegetable stock
1-2 Tbsp tahini
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix all seasonings well in a bowl
- Preheat over to 420°
- Rinse the chickpeas well, dry them off, and toss with enough oil to lightly coat and some of the of the seasoning mixture.
- Roast the chickpeas for about 20 minutes, tossing half way through.
- While the chickpeas roast, prep the kale by removing the stems and pulling apart the leaves.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with 1 Tbsp of oil and add in kale once hot.
- Sauté the kale for a couple of minutes until it begins to shrink, tossing frequently.
- Add in some of the seasoning mixture (measure with your heart) and toss kale again.
- Add in ¼ cup vegetable stock and let the kale cook until the stock has cooked off.*
- While the kale cooks, mix equal parts Tahini and lemon juice in a bowl, stir until you have a thick dressing.**
- Once the kale is cooked, add it to a bowl and top with chickpeas and the lemon tahini dressing.
- Serve warm!
*I usually use about ¼ cup of vegetable stock here. I find once that has cooked off the kale is usually done to my liking. If you'd like it more or less cooked, adjust the amount of liquid you're adding. Use more liquid to cook for longer, and less to cook for less time.
**I prefer to keep my dressing thick here, but if you want something that is easier to mix and drizzle, add a little bit of water to it prior to mixing it onto the kale until you have your desired consistency. A little goes a long way here.
Thanks for trying this recipe!
I love to see peoples different creations of this recipe. Tag me if you try it @HaliBallantyne.